Ferzo, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Teate DOPRegular price €22.00
‘Intense aromas of cherry, black fruit, kirsch, prunes, and fresh oak; juicy palate with long persistence.’
Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
Intense aromas of black cherry, fig and plum with hints of black pepper and cinnamon in a full, dry red, one of those versatile Italian wines that suits a range of dishes from cold meats and cheeses to roast lamb or beef, stews and even dark chocolate desserts.
It's dry, with velvety tannins, but the fruit character is soft, spicy and moreish.
Because the grapes used to make it come from a carefully assembled selection of the best vineyards along the Adriatic—in this case, the Teate sub-zone of the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo area, the brand name ‘Ferzo'—which means a patch of sailcloth stitched together with others to make a full sail—is especially appropriate.
Awards for the 2016 vintage
- Decanter Asia 2019 • BRONZE
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2019 • 90/100 SILVER
- Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2019 • SILVER
- Guida Vinibuoni d’Italia Ed.2020 • 4 stars
- Berliner Wein Trophy • GOLD
- Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2019 • 86 points
- IWSC TRANCHE 2 • BRONZE 89 points
|Supplier's website||Ferzo Vini|
|Wine colour||Red wine|